About Me

My photo
Questions, but don't want others to see? Sure, send me an email... please, only questions about the content. Yes, complaints too. Yes, I know, my picture... I look like I'm dead... very sick at the time and I hate having my picture taken. mysteryonion@gmail.com

Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Harvesting the sweet spot... bumper crop!

So it does work, however, the need to manual focus on a non-aided screen is a limiting factor.  When I get the focus right... sharp... YES... SHARP, but when the focus was slightly off... eheww.   I also tested the newly fixed 6x7 300mm/f4 and on an APS-C sensor that would be a very strong telephoto much like a 450 on a 35mm camera.  So at 100 plus feet and if I hold steady enough, I could almost make out 16 point fonts.

The main lenses were the 105mm/f2.4 and a few with the 165mm/2.8  and both did well, but the 105 was the one I mostly used.  It allowed me to shoot at 640-800 iso and at speeds 1/20-1/50 with the SR (shake-reduction).  The 300mm required 800-1600 ISO unfortunately as so the noise savings was lost on it, however, the super close view makes up for the noise.  Now all this should be compared to the previous method for covering these shots: 16-45mm at f4 which would require ISOs in the 1000-2000 range and forcing me to shoot wide-open all the time.  This would mean a sharp center of about a sixth of the image area.  Testing the pixels from the recent shoot yield high sharpness almost all around and almost to the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment