About Me

My photo
Questions, but don't want others to see? Sure, send me an email... please, only questions about the content. Yes, complaints too. Yes, I know, my picture... I look like I'm dead... very sick at the time and I hate having my picture taken. mysteryonion@gmail.com

Popular Posts

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Snag! MX for repairs or part... as-is again


I thought about finding a cheap MX body again and found one.  $19.00 and $10 for shipping later, after the bidding was quietly over, all mine.  So what did I get?  Well the auction was for a MX body in an "as-is" for parts or repair condition.  When it arrived, I was surprised that all the speeds seem to work, but the description did say the meter was dead so I had a look at it.  From the bottom plate the actual contacts look like new.  So closer investigation revealed that the release button lock was seized shut.  So it was a guess that water got in the top and killed the wires for the meter, right... right?  No, as standard procedure that I give all contact a good cleaning and once done and a new battery was inserted... "bing" the meter worked.  So all was left was the re-foaming of back seals and mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment