About Me

My photo
Questions, but don't want others to see? Sure, send me an email... please, only questions about the content. Yes, complaints too. Yes, I know, my picture... I look like I'm dead... very sick at the time and I hate having my picture taken. mysteryonion@gmail.com

Popular Posts

Friday, April 1, 2011

Gear Acquisition Syndrome and the denial

Gear Acquisition Syndrome and the denial is a painful truth.  Sure I have a few dozen cameras and accessories that are increasing in number to the alarming frequency of that like bacteria on a petri dish.  My still find myself looking for just a little more... give me just a small hit of some little trinket that should not take up much space... really.  So of late I had a small whim for a 120 roll film folder and because I thought it would be nice to have a near large format negative of 6x9cm, but I just could not compromise on the lens quality.  A good Schneider lens must be part of the package.  So off to bid and hunt and two 100 series Polaroids and the Pentax MX two Strobonars later, I found an ADOX "Sport series.  Needed a major cleaning of the shutter to remove what looked like graphite residue.  That cleaning, lubing and adjusting was about 3 hours of careful poking and prodding for a ten dollar camera.  In fact most of my cameras require time as they don't come to me in mint and working.  Why?  No... why do I waste time?  The fact is that I don't have a good reason.  I'll dump off the overflow in time?

No comments:

Post a Comment