About Me

My photo
Questions, but don't want others to see? Sure, send me an email... please, only questions about the content. Yes, complaints too. Yes, I know, my picture... I look like I'm dead... very sick at the time and I hate having my picture taken. mysteryonion@gmail.com

Popular Posts

Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy 4th to anyone... I'll be tracing circuits for the fourth.

So what is up with these things going dead?  I've notice many are showing up at auction with the meters dead and the clues of it being none repairable.  It I sniff out the problem I might consider not just patching, but maybe replacing the problem circuit.  Built little things in the past and maybe this would be a nice sideline.  This example tested with a working set of Cds cells, functioning On/Off contacts, properly operating rheostats, and the meter is good as well.  All but the circuit and a few test wired to the oscilloscope shows that the transistor is being charged at the base with a 2.2volt charge, but no juice that seems to past across the other side of the circuit leading to the meter.

No comments:

Post a Comment