About Me

My photo
Questions, but don't want others to see? Sure, send me an email... please, only questions about the content. Yes, complaints too. Yes, I know, my picture... I look like I'm dead... very sick at the time and I hate having my picture taken. mysteryonion@gmail.com

Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Second time was not as charmed

So the second time around and with expired in 2002 T-Max 400 film.  I think I burnt the film?  Coming out of the tank I at first thought that the film was either not fixed or exposed to a light leak.  Time tells that the fixer was fine and not odd aberrations that point in the direction of a light leak.  The conclusion is that something has changed in the processing.  I did correct the over agitation from 5 inversion per 30 seconds to 3 inversion per minute and that might have then given the look of thinner or less dense negatives.  Instead it is much dense or at least an overall look much like the film was exposed to light.  The only change is the salt I think.  The first roll I that the salt contained the iodide, but that was a none iodide salt and this second roll I did find a iodized salt.  So that is the only thing that it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment