About Me

My photo
Questions, but don't want others to see? Sure, send me an email... please, only questions about the content. Yes, complaints too. Yes, I know, my picture... I look like I'm dead... very sick at the time and I hate having my picture taken. mysteryonion@gmail.com

Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Other Projects Current... ZX50 plastic wonder.

ZX-50, a camera with a major flaw... plastic gears that go bad and spin on nothing.  I wonder who thought of this one.  Rather than put functions of a camera in motion by means of springs and actuators they install little motors and fit them with plastic gears that loose the grip on the metal shaft.  This is common on the Z series cameras and I'm sure helped to put the Pentax name among the realm of cheap consumer cameras.  The tear down of the ZX-50 was a pain due to the fact it is layers of flexi-circuits.  Not a camera laid out for repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment