About Me

My photo
Questions, but don't want others to see? Sure, send me an email... please, only questions about the content. Yes, complaints too. Yes, I know, my picture... I look like I'm dead... very sick at the time and I hate having my picture taken. mysteryonion@gmail.com

Popular Posts

Sunday, February 19, 2012

It is February and it is running late. So I'll start the big reset for Project LX

First I'll apologize to the folks that have been checking in.

Sorry!

Next is an outline for what or where I'm going.

The outline for this project is roughly as follows:

Determine efficient disassembly
Narrow down the failed items (consumables)
Determine the possible source of replacement parts
Testing of adjustments
Reassembly
Final testing


Sounds easy right?

I will say yes for all the cameras previous, but the LX is a very dense complex camera.  I would say the about list actually would look more like this...

Determine efficient disassembly
  • Record Steps
  • Building special tools
  • Point out items of caution
Narrow down the failed items (consumables)
  • Record areas of issues
  • Locate and measure failed part
  • Cleaning out remains of part (decayed foam, rubber bumpers, dried lubricants)

Replacement parts
  • Find and purchase
  • Make from existing sources
  • Design and make with improvements
  • Installing or modify
Adjustments
  • Building test jigs
  • Testing parts to determine working within tolerance


Reassembly & Final Testing
  • Greasing and oiling
  • Reseal the body 

 So, thats a lot.  
Why would I do this?  Because it is my passion for this camera.


I happen to know that a few folks hope I fail in my efforts and I promise not to fully disappoint.


...next, the recap of opening, but with more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment