About Me

My photo
Questions, but don't want others to see? Sure, send me an email... please, only questions about the content. Yes, complaints too. Yes, I know, my picture... I look like I'm dead... very sick at the time and I hate having my picture taken. mysteryonion@gmail.com

Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

1. Bolsey - Lens and Lens Cup/Body

The trick is to get the retainer ring off to allow the body of the lens to come out.
I have two finger that just reach in and can grip down enough to get it moving... well, one was not as cooperative.   That was when I employed "The Stick".


The Stick: was a piece of wood that was not too soft and was cut to about 6 inches 180mm long.  It had a narrow dimension of ... well listed below here and the shaded area as you can see.  I did notch my version just a little so as to allow it to stay centered, but it was not needed.  Resting the front of the lens flat on the table, I applied enough force to cause the wood to grip to the knurled or coined edge of the rear element and "bobs you uncle" or "in a jiff" it was off.  I did not over push as to not crush the lens body or cup.


The tweezer:
A simple straight tweezer was inserted to fit the slots of the spanner ring.  If more force was needed, I would have inserted a driver between the legs of the tweezer to add some.







The lens is now loose, but you need to undo the sync wire.











Here is the sync wire and the screw and a simple turn and I had it loose as well.


So this is were I am now.  Rear Lens, Retainer Ring, Lens Body and 2 Shims... yes 2... more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment