About Me

My photo
Questions, but don't want others to see? Sure, send me an email... please, only questions about the content. Yes, complaints too. Yes, I know, my picture... I look like I'm dead... very sick at the time and I hate having my picture taken. mysteryonion@gmail.com

Popular Posts

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Now to try the other side of the lens...




I sanitized my hands and readied for the operation... actually the need to serialize is not necessary, just a durable set of gloves or finger cots.

What is the more difficult part is that not all the rings come off so easy.

Work the ring in different size if you can't budge it right away.  Try two parallel sides and give it a 1/6th turn and try again.  Some time this could take a little while.  If it is difficult, try warming the sides with a hair dryer for a bit, but not too hot or all will expand too much or go off round and lock more.






Once off, there is a shroud with 3 or 4 screws and off it comes.
You now can see the screw and washer.

Also, note the thread lock covering it.




No comments:

Post a Comment