About Me

My photo
Questions, but don't want others to see? Sure, send me an email... please, only questions about the content. Yes, complaints too. Yes, I know, my picture... I look like I'm dead... very sick at the time and I hate having my picture taken. mysteryonion@gmail.com

Popular Posts

Thursday, June 7, 2012

I am a thread killer it seems at some sites...

Just reviewing some posts from here and there...

The count is about 84 replies this year and that those replies that I returned with a question for the originator totaled to 66. To put that into perspective, that I responded to a question and it usually followup with a question but the originator or the rest of the responders go silent much like how silent it is here on any of my blogs.

So that is not a happy discovery that I am killing a thread. 

I've been excited about giving detailed info about each of my favorite cameras I have dived into to repair, but it is odd that just under 2800 views that I had only 3 folks with comments or questions.

DIY repair enthusiast are a rare bunch and often we are left to our own devices to figure out what to do or not.

As some tend to be very critical about others like them and often tight lipped about there techniques, I try to be more open about what I'm working on in hopes to help others... some are also.

In the past I've had a few very negative anonymous e-mails in some ways the only indicators of how I'm doing in the venture to inform and share.  For the most part they are pointing out that I am faking the repairs and "...stealing images from someone else who had actually done the work!"  Which is a very interesting statement and it sounds like someone didn't want me publishing the info?

My blogging takes lots of time to plan and execute so that it makes any sense to a reader.  The information is intended for a first time tinkerer to read and I try to point out cautions along the way so as to help avoid any catastrophic issues.  I plan an image and also edit it as best a possible for size and clarity.  I am not perfect and certainly I am mostly operating in a vacuum as to what is working.  The few folks that wrote in are a welcomed feedback sources and otherwise welcomed voices.  I've had more feedback in my flickr communications in a day than here.

So to end my belly-aching moment.
I hope you are finding useful info here and do let me know if I've made a mistake.

Next week I hope the crazy work week will not carry over to next so I can get be back on track with the projects.  I sure would like to finish one of the Auto 110 bodies and crack the mystery of the problems of the LX.  So again, sorry for the delays on the blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment