O.K. here one and I told myself I would not post too many gripes here... Fella is walking along the route that I like to take while I head over to my doctor's appointment. I was maybe a good 100 feet behind and getting closer as he continued to stop and start. I was using a Nikon and a big lens... could be a 24-70 2.8?... just noticed the wide front element... so he was constantly chimping. When I got to about 12 feet he noticed my 6X7 camera and at first must have thought it was a digital and was about to ask a question, but then thought different and turned around and kept walking. Now this was uncomfortable... I'm needing to slow down because this guy thinks I'm tailing him and checking his work. I noticed that he was almost randomly playing with the modes on the camera and he had an awful hammer press method on the shutter button. It was 2pm and the area we were walking in was in shadows from trees. I could only guess that he didn't know to set the ISO higher or that the camera may have been selecting slow speeds? Almost to my turn off and the guy was still chimping almost every shot I had to ask... "Excuse me, I couldn't help to notice, but... " He looked up and said abruptly... "Don't need your help, It is digital technology, different type of photography you know!" Well, I know when I'm not wanted. Coming back later from my appointment, I pass a near by field where kids are in some sort of track and field trials or such and there he was, still struggling with that camera. Still hammering at the shutter button.
Welcome... This is my little blog about stuff related to photography or around the subject of photography. I like to tinker with things as well as learning things to help me be a better photographer or better tinkerer? In this spot you will see some of my experiments and projects as well I'm sure some mishaps or outright failures. I hope you find here something that is interesting to you and drop me a note. Remember, I'm not an actual photographer nor have I played one on television.
About Me
- MysteryOnion
- Questions, but don't want others to see? Sure, send me an email... please, only questions about the content. Yes, complaints too. Yes, I know, my picture... I look like I'm dead... very sick at the time and I hate having my picture taken. mysteryonion@gmail.com
Popular Posts
-
Two broken or not working ME Supers... I will have to get on with the job and document and CLA both of them soon. For my repair pals that...
-
A question from "Mike"... Inside a 67 200mm f4.0... sad thing is that I don't have one yet... however, we can at least get...
-
Pick another one upe cheap... I think I have a better idea as to what I should try next. This is a pre-modified version or did they replace...
-
Hi, been out of touch for a while...illness. So, a recent appearance on the bay is this LX and maybe 2nd Gen or is it a 1st Gen in 2nd cl...
-
...so while they hang up and dry, I'll put up the last of the opening desolders. We are almost to the point of removing the face. ...
-
So with some coaxing the face of it falls off. As you can see, busy in there. Camera 1 will be just a basic gooey bumper and some clea...
-
to orient, we are looking from the front just over the strap lug of the crank side. Not critical to the operation of the camera, but a ...
-
SURVEY: Should I move these ME Super Project notes to a separate blog? This was suggested by a rare write-in viewer. So, how do you ...
-
Getting it done slowly... very slow. Light tight walls... that is not going well as I hoped. Actually, I have no walls just a wall and the...
-
Repeat of the Take-Up side Warning! If you are not fully familiar with the DIY repair of any camera, don't jump in without ...
No comments:
Post a Comment